Privacy Statement – John Pearson Motors (1924) Limited
At Pearsons we take seriously our obligation to protect sensitive information and data relating to our clients, suppliers and partner businesses. This document details our policy for handling data (as defined by the GDPR) and the purposes for which we will share such information.
- Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address)
- information that you provide when completing an online enquiry via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google etc)
- information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites, in person or over the phone (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
- Information you provide when visiting our showroom or using our demonstrator vehicles
- Information you provide when using a loan vehicle
- Information passed to us by our partner businesses, manufacturers and suppliers where you have given them permission to do so
- Digital images captured by CCTV equipment
- Personal information of employees, contractors and their next of kin in relation to HR matters.
For advertising or marketing, we will always obtain your consent to use your personal information. This will be an explicit consent from you.
Using personal information
Personal data we receive will only be used for the purpose it was provided, including:
- meeting the terms of your order for goods or services
- enabling your use of the services available on our website
- sending you goods purchased through our website or by phone
- supplying to you services purchased through our website, in person or by phone
- sending statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- sending you our newsletter, promotional mailings, service and MOT reminders in any format including electronic
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information).
- Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information
- to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- to the vehicle manufacturer in relation to ownership, warranty and marketing purposes
- to finance companies in the application for finance, leasing or related products. This will only be in response to a direct request from you.
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
- Security of personal information
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal data you provide on our servers which are based in the UK. All personal information shared electronically will be encrypted or sent via secure connections.
- Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request. Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law. We will act as quickly as possible to delete or amend your personal data if you instruct us to do so. This will not exceed our legal requirement to hold information for audit, VAT and taxation purposes.
If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes, we will do so as quickly as possible. Where we see a demonstrable and legitimate need to contact you, contrary to these instructions, (for example in relation to vehicle safety or a manufacturer’s recall campaign) we will do so for information purposes only.
- ICO Registration
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Data Protection Officer
- Our Data Protection Officer is David Pearson. He may delegate operational duties to suitably competent persons in the routine operation of our business. Any Data Protection issues can be directed to email@example.com.