About Us

Pearson are one of Scotland’s longest-established car dealerships to still remain in the hands of the founding family. Dating back more than a century, the Suzuki dealers have locations in Wemyss Bay, Inverclyde, and in the North Ayrshire town of Largs, just a few miles down the coast.

The business was started by John Pearson whose grandson, David Pearson, is the company’s managing director and dealer principal. David’s son, Ross, is in charge of the Largs operation and his daughter, Emma, deals with administration for both locations.

Wemyss Bay

Largs

In 1901, John Pearson commenced trading as a grain and potato merchant in Nelson Street, Largs. From being an operator of horse-drawn transport, it was a logical step for him to become involved with what was to revolutionise personal transport – the motor car. The garage business was established in Wemyss Bay before the First World War, with John’s son, Archie, later taking over from his father.

Pearson were Austin and Morris dealers for a long number of years, and also held Rover and Ford franchises. Aware of Suzuki’s reputation for reliability and quality control, Pearson were delighted to be awarded the Japanese franchise in 1995. By an interesting twist, in 1997 the success of the Suzuki brand prompted the company to open another branch in Largs – the town where the Pearson story started.

Aside from the founding family’s involvement, the business has many long-serving staff. For example, service director John Docherty started in 1984 and sales director Kenneth Hyde joined in 1991. The company employ around 40 between Wemyss Bay and Largs.

In addition to loyal employees, Pearson place the highest emphasis on service and for this reason, the company have gained many loyal customers over the years.

Whether buying a new or used car, Pearson are the people to trust – and have been for more than 100 years.